March 24, 2020
Unread 2.0.2 is available in the App Store. This update adds these improvements:
- This update adds alternative keyboard shortcuts:
right arrowto open the selected article in an article list, as an alternative to
return. This also applies to other screens with lists of items.
left arrowto leave the selected view, as an alternative to
escape. This does not work on modal screens such as the screen to edit a feed subscription.
shift-up arrowwhile reading an article to go to the previous article in an article list, as an alternative to
shift-down arrowwhile reading an article to go to the next article in an article list, as an alternative to
shift-right arrowto open the tug left menu on any screen, as an alternative to
- Unread 2.0 replaced switches with checkmarks so that tapping anywhere in the row would toggle the setting on or off. This update reinstates the switches on rows that represent on/off settings. Tapping anywhere in the row or pressing return on a hardware keyboard while a row with a switch is selected will still toggle that switch.
- View on Web is now available as an article action. If you wish to have a View on Web menu item available on articles, you can enable it by opening Settings, going to Article Actions, and enabling View on Web.
- The Mark Read on Scroll setting now also applies to scrolling operations performed by pressing
option-down arrow, or
spaceon a physical keyboard.
- Unread now always uses in-app Safari for logging in to Pocket accounts. I removed the ability to log in using the Pocket app if it was installed on the device. That mechanism proved unreliable.
- Unread now uses ASWebAuthenticationSession to create in-app Safari views for logging into Feedly, Inoreader, and NewsBlur.
- This update fixes a bug that prevented FeedBurner-generated links and images from being removed from articles under some circumstances. This fix does not apply to articles downloaded to the device before installing this update.
- Share menu items now have more specific names: Share Article, Share Link, or Share Image.
- This update adds a Keyboard Navigation article available in the Technical Notes section of the About screen.
- This update adds whitespace above nested lists in articles.
- This update fixes a bug that could cause marking an article read, unread, starred, or unstarred to become reversed under some circumstances with Fever API accounts.
- This update fixes a bug that could cause bad article list summaries for email newsletters under some circumstances. This fix does not apply to articles downloaded to the device before this update is installed.
- This update fixes bugs around tapping and long pressing images contained inside links.
The update is available in the App Store. If you are happy about this update or are enjoying Unread 2, please consider rating the app or leaving a review.