We take your privacy very seriously. We are not in the business of selling or monetizing your data in any way.
1. Feed Services
In order to do its job, Feed Hawk needs to interact with your feed service account. That interaction is subject to the privacy policies of your feed service:
Feed Hawk stores your feed service account credentials securely in the iOS Keychain. Feed Hawk uses HTTPS exclusively to communicate with feed services.
1a. Web-based Login
Inoreader and NewsBlur have OAuth 2.0 web-based login processes.
Feed Hawk facilitates each web-based login process by opening a Safari View Controller. Feed Hawk ensures that the initial URL for the Safari View Controller is an HTTPS URL. Beyond that, Feed Hawk cannot ensure that the entire login process happens via HTTPS.
The Feed Hawk Redirect URL for both services is https://www.goldenhillsoftware.com/feed-hawk/oauth/. This results in an authorization code being transmitted to our company website at the end of the web-based login process. Our website only uses that authorization code to send it back to the Feed Hawk app. Our web servers are configured to exclude requests with authorization codes from access logs.
1b. Fever and tt-rss
Fever-Feed Hawk Adapter is a Golden Hill Software open source product that makes Fever compatible with Feed Hawk. Fever-Feed Hawk Adapter does not interact with anything other than its Fever instance and MySQL database. Any interactions with the open source project on GitHub are subject to the GitHub Privacy Statement.
2. The Feed Hawk Web Service
Feed Hawk may check a web service no more than once every 24 hours to look for important announcements related to the app. Feed Hawk does not transmit any information about the user or the user’s use of the app when checking for announcements.
Feed Hawk does not report analytics information of any kind to the Feed Hawk Web Service. The Feed Hawk Web Service maintains log files of recent incoming requests. Feed Hawk interacts with this web service exclusively via HTTPS. Feed Hawk uses public key pinning to validate the authenticity of this web service.
4. Email Exchanged with Golden Hill Software Personnel
4a. Before and on February 1, 2017
5. Beyond this Product
We log all requests to our company website. We may use third party analytics services and third party content delivery services on our website.
6. Sharing of Data
We are a United States company. When legally required to do so, we will provide information to government authorities. Beyond that, we will never share your data. We make a point of minimizing the amount of customer information we have.
7. Changes to this Policy
Future versions of Feed Hawk may require an update to this policy. Any changes will be noted on the Golden Hill Software blog.
- First version: April 29, 2016
- Updated to reflect addition of Fever and tt-rss, updated link to NewsBlur: September 30, 2016
- Updated to reflect the change that Feed Hawk will send a web page URL to the Feed Hawk Web Service when it discovers that the page has RSS feeds linked from the body but not the header: November 21, 2016
- Updated to reflect change in mail hosting service: January 26, 2017
- Updated to reflect Inoreader using Oauth (web-based) login: February 25, 2017
- Updated to reflect that the Feed Hawk Web Service now exists only for announcements, and not as a feed search engine when no feeds are found for a web page: August 25, 2017